2011 was pretty amazing too! Family visiting, friends to hang with, a 25th birthday, Rise Against released a new CD, first year anniversary, oh yah and Grady was born!
He's playing in the floor with Sophie the giraffe in his arm pit and trying to gnaw on Mr. Crinklephant, while jingle bug and rattle frog lay haphazardly in wait for their turn while Yellow Cow has a staring contest with Grady (Yes I've given them all names). Which at this present moment Grady's "talking" to him. So as you can see at two months there is already a plethora of things that MAKE NOISE! Mind you the worst offender of them is Sophie, but it's also pretty funny when Greg or I play with it.
So I'm not one for resolution but I think I can stick with one. I want to make myself happy. (Now don't read too deeply into that. I'm truly happy with my life. I have a very cute well behaved baby (I'm spoiled) and an incredible husband, who makes me laugh, gives me a shoulder to cry on when I need one and bugs the hell out of me for his own pleasure (Super spoiled)) But I'm not happy with work, and in my field there aren't enough well paying jobs to go around.
I didn't make it to the 2nd interview this past spring (I HATE HR interviews, let me talk to someone who knows what to ask, not just what's on the paper) The job at work closed and anything else is either seasonal, min. wage, or in the case of the Province over a ninety minute drive.
So I've come to the decision to take the initiative and quite waiting for the job to come up, and start sending resumes out, and hopefully for the 20 or so I send out 1 might give me a call because they think I'm right for the job. I also saw a position with the DND so I'm really hopeful their, because I'm tired of the soul sucking atmosphere of the perpetually bitter, with no hope of advancement. So if I have to go back early (which is going to happen either way) I'd rather stick to my guns this year and go somewhere else.
I also want to do something else besides groundskeeping (because I'm not busy enough with a child, a house to look after, Sparks, and Greg's schedule sarcasm lots of sarcasm) that can be done quickly during naps, or set down and picked up where I left off again during naps, makes me happy, uses some of my creativity, and could have some small business potential. Hmmmmmmm.... card making??? Is it feasible??? Probably not but I find it fun, and I have the time right now. And thankfully the Dollar Store carries some of the dudad, and embellishments, and paper punches found that out this Xmas which is AWESOME. Plus Michael's floods my inbox with coupons which is somewhat annoying but also great if I where to actually per sue it because you can't find nice stamps at the dollar store.
What else is going on, oh EI I think is going to start paying me again but i guess we'll find that out tomorrow. Grady took his first bus ride last week, he was a great sport (he more or less slept the entire time) He kind of missed New Years, he was really really fussy I'm guessing from a lack of sleep that evening which is probably due to over stimulation, just before the count down, so fed him some more and finally got him to sleep around 12:30 and then he was out cold. He didn't make a peep when we put him in his car seat or when I put him in his crib.
I've discovered my new found addiction Pinterest. It's ingenious, it organizes your picture ideas and links them back to the original web page for how to's. It's great, really awesome. Correction EI paid me today YEAH!!!!!! About friggen time, and this year none of it was my fault!!! What a gong show! Oh well .
MOM's group and Sparks starts back up next Thursday, that'll be exciting, and Greg starts soccer on Monday again so I guess the Christmas vacation is over, and it's back to reality again.
Mom and Dad get back from Vegas tomorrow night. So will probably go out for breakfast with Shaun and Janelle Saturday morning. The garage might get finished tonight or tomorrow night by Greg and Big Chris. So that'll be exciting we'll finally be able to clean out the closet upstairs.
Speaking of things to do I should maybe do strip the caulking in the basement shower so it stops leaking (here's hoping) since it's been on my to do list probably since Tom, Lynette and the kids were passing thru. Then I should probably go thru the pile of jeans upstairs to see what still fits then fix them, or cut them up for scraps and then fix the pair or two that are Greg's. Then maybe I can seriously think about card making, after a feasibility survey and some discussion with Greg, so hopefully I talk to him before he reads this (oops! as I giggle) So on that note I should get off my butt, put on pants and do something while Monkey is still snoozing.
2 comments:
You could sell cards on Etsy!
Thanks for the advise. That thought hadn't even cross my mind (of all the thoughts there where). I have A LOT!!! of work to do and to be truely committed before I get to that point, plus then figure out reasonable pricing and customer need, and how to make mine stand out from the rest. And a company name too! My goodness thinking about being an entreprenuer is alot to think about.
Post a Comment