Sunday, February 26, 2012

What's up!

So I've decided that for this post I would use words to tell you what is all going on around here. There hasn't been anything too terribly exciting going on, just busy, but busy in a good way. Thursdays are my MOM'S group, Wednesday's is coffee with Gabrielle (and Ellie) at Sam's Place so I briefly see Uncle Steve, and get served by Natasha, and once in a Blue Moon I catch a glimpse of Gabrielle's husband. John is it??? Joking, I'm sure you've all seen the pictures of the "We Survived Ring". We had them over last Thur to feed them while their house is being torn apart, and my carpet got Ellie-fied but the vacuum took care of that.

So then we had the long weekend. I started Physio. The therapist is a hoot. She's still trying to convince me that Greg and I should have Physio dates. Not gunna happen! We'll I guess we could leave Grady with one of the neighbours they wouldn't mind. Then we had some time to ourselves Sun and Mon Soccer Mon night, then Tues I went for coffee and mall walking with my friend Maria and her little boy Aiden (although he's not that little, when you compare him to Grady.) I want to say there was a Canuck Game Tuesday night????

Wednesday was coffee with Gabrielle, John and Ellie although none of use where actually drinking coffee :P Again a brief glimpse of Uncle Steve, and chatted with Natasha. Went to Gabrielle's to see what little progress was made which was minimal. Then went to our Prenatal Reunion. There was only 2 other couple their but it was a nice evening, got to hear their stories which sounded much less stressful and prolonged than mine, but I have to gloat a tiny bit because I was the only one with minimal drugs (Ok they pumped me full of all kinds of drugs, put there was little of the pain relief kind). Although both girls had full crazy heads of hair and then there was our adorable Q ball chilling out on his tummy.

And today was MOM's again. Thursday was rather exciting I took Grady up to the Nursery for the first time, and LEFT HIM THERE! I had an hour of adult time. Don't get me wrong I enjoy having him with me but seeing as we were leaving him with a babysitter Saturday night I figured this would be a good trial run to see how he does. (Which was good).  Thursday's session kind of hit home. I will admit I usually filter the devotionals because they can tend to be preachy. And last weeks more so (but I'll get to that rant in a minute) But today's devotional was about finding time for one's self ALONE!!!! Funny concept right? Specially with the demands of motherhood, social calls, extra curricular activities, Monday Night TV, and doing all the other things that made a house function (Dishes AGAIN?? Seriously?! Didn't I just do those an hour ago?)

And I totally agree, I look forward to those afternoon naps, where I can do some card making, or catch up on a little TV, or just chill although I then feel guilty because my time isn't being used productively, but only for a second. The lady doing devotional today took some excerpts from this book A gift from the Sea and one of the points was how  something written 50 years ago still pertains now. And then we had a Dr. in and started answering questions about our lady bits and other fun Q and A.

So back to last weeks session we had a "Life Coach" come in to talk to us...... It was not one of my favourite meetings. It wouldn't even make it to the top 20. She talked about finding yourself, making oneself happy, and knowing one's values in life. OKaaayyyy.... Um I think most of us already know that on some level. But the way she put it didn't sound realistic AT ALL! Yah that's nice that you were able to quit your job as an engineer, to open a store to run it into the ground, and then stay at home with your children to later become a life coach. Money clearly wasn't an issue for you. But when your talking about what drives you, 95% of people are going to say MONEY is always a factor. Money makes this world go round (Sad to say). It's what keeps that roof over your head, food in your tummy, and clothes on your back (she was well dressed too!), and funds those hobbies that make you happy. It's the limiting factor in trying to obtain your goals or it's at least an excuse for failure. The only thing I could agree with was staying away from time wasters, setting a timer so once your hour was up then it was time to go do other things.

So yes Thursday was a much nicer change of pace. From Mom's I headed on down to the University to visit with everyone, and see what was all going on (Same old same old) and then went and dropped by Auntie Janet's new office seeing as I was in the area. Visited with her for a bit while she was finishing up lunch.

Grandpa came into town for his eye appointment, went to Sparks, while Greg went to Wrestling. Grandpa's appointment was Friday morning, and it was kind of like herding cats trying to get out the door. But we made it early even! Then went out for lunch. I took him to Stella's Cafe. I've never been, but have wanted to try it out for a long time (there's only like 5 of them in the Peg, so they much be good). It was super busy but defiantly worth the wait. Volleyball was that night. It was okunsportmanly arguing over where someones feet where when they set up for the spike. So one kid walked off the court in a huff, and then the guy who thought he was right argued his point for 20 minutes. SERIOUSLY we are there to play for FUN! So half the player left because of the arguing. 

Saturday was Date Night EXCITING!!!! It was a Christmas gift from Shaun and Janelle. It consisted of Supper at the Keg, movie with popcorn and drinks for 2, and BABYSITTING!!! Like I said EXCITING!!!! So Supper was delicious, I'm going to be eating prime rib for a couple of meals. It was ridiculous how large the portion was (but tasty). We went and saw the Vow, with Racheal McAdams. Goon was sold out when we got there. I liked it. It was a little sappy, but totally sweet.

oh and here, he's started doing this funny mouth thing, you should watch it!

3 comments:

Nadine said...

You're SO busy! Eek. Wow. Sounds like we're both busy now :) Haha
The video isn't working for me sadly but I'll check back alter to see if it'll work then!
Glad you go to have a fun date night!
Love ya,
Nadine

Anonymous said...

your video isn't working for me either.
Love Mom

Anonymous said...

He sure is cute!