Friday, May 25, 2012

and they're off

So I put my guys on a plane tonight. I was rather proud of myself I managed to hold it together until they stepped on the cat walk. So I sat and I watched as they loaded the plane, and got it ready to go, then watched Grady's car seat go in one of the sides as they were bringing in the last of the luggage. Then I watched it taxi down the run way and then I took a brisk walk to the end of the terminal to watch the plane take off.  I've been joking about how much I look forward to some time to myself, but really I have no idea what I'm going to do with myself. I have "projects" that I hope to accomplish and the everyday things that need doing like work, pesky work you get in the way sometimes. But yeah, just a little sad, kinda heart broken I looked forward to the vacation but choose to make the sacrifice in hopes of something better in the long run. And I had made my peace with that until about 3 hours ago. Now I'm just a whimpering mess. But it is almost bed time and sleep always makes things better, and tomorrow will be busy with cleaning and Spark activities and maybe some freezer cooking, and catching up on tv.

But here are some pictures

 Helping unfold laundry

 We are in trouble!
 So proud of himself
Post bath time fun.

 You caught me!

The next series of pictures are Greg's attempt at taking a picture of Grady's teeth. Grady and the camera didn't want to co operate.







 He now offically has 2 bottom teeth sticking out and a top tooth just barely cut with it's partner just about too.

 Took the senic route to the folks, with a stop in Ninette to look at the sail boats on Pelican Lake.
And then we passed a Ninga.

 Supper!

 Grady's about to help chase cattle.





Side Note: I just saw this link if you wanted to know how popular your birthday is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks you for sharing your boys with me, so far I am enjoying them very much! I hope you will find very special things to do this week to make up for your sacrifice.
We miss you Love Mom

tomandlynette said...

Thumbs up, Grady. Danielle, hope your week goes really well. Thanks for the chat the other night :)