So decided to post on Facebook vaguely my feelings about my day. After a comment I started to type my reply, and it turned into a list of my day, and about half way thru I thought I should blog it.
FB Friend states "Hope you clicked your heels together."
My response "Nope, had a shower because I was covered from head to toe in french vanilla coffee creamer.
THAT was how I started my day, after 5ish hours of sleep, driving Greg to work and then taking snack to my mom's group.
Coffee Creamer explosion at 10. Stand there in utter shock, and embarrassment, and think I can't believe I did something that stupid.
Start to cry because I'm tired and sticky and wet. Wipe self down, wipe floor. The ladies got the counters while I was wiping self down.
Sat in sticky mess during group till the end then I went and picked up Greg at noon. By then I was tired and sticky, but no longer wet.
Pawn brownies off on Greg's coworkers.
Come home, get food for Grady, put things away, lock self in bathroom.
SHOWER.
What is suppose to be me time turns into feeling sad because I look at my shower and it reminds me I have to clean it, and change the curtain. Which reminds me that there is a stack of dishes to do, and I have to make snack and get a craft prepped for sparks tonight.
Get out, unlock door, attacked by half naked little person.
Put water in tub for little person.
Continue to dry off.
Find clothes.
Check periodically in on little person, hand task over to Greg.
Start Sparks snack.
Working on Sparks snack, get attacked again by a very naked little person.
Enjoy a snuggle from Grady (but really he just wanted to see what mommy was doing on that place he can't see and barely reaches unless picked up), silently praying that he doesn't pee on me.
Hand naked little person off to Greg. He diapers him and they go for a nap.
I continue working on snack.
Finish snack.
Go find materials for tonight's craft.
Small blessing! What I needed was on top.
Continue through boxes to see what else is there.
Bring materials down.
Start cutting things out.
Finish cutting things out.
Look at time.
Debate, start supper or put snack together.
Put snack together.
Start supper.
Wash the stack of dishes.
Woof down supper.
Try to get out door. Keep forgetting things.
Third trip back in I've got everything!
Nope need keys. Keys help!
Drive to Sparks, uneventful drive.
Have meeting.
Load car back up.
Start driving home.
Decide to stop and wash side windows they were bugging me.
Drive home.
Unload car.
Offer left over snack to Greg.
Grady's down for the count.
FINALLY sit down.
Decide to type up follow up blog for Mom's group.
Finish blog post.
New computer did something stupid.
Loose entire typed portion of post, but it remembered the picture.
Decide that it's time to throw in the towel, and admit defeat.
It was literally a shit day (not to be confused by a S.H.I.T Sure Happy it's Thursday day). But man where did this week go. It's flown by so fast. I look forward to tomorrow because it's not today and for someone who was whining about being tired I'm not helping my case any by staying up and writing this.
Looking back upon my day it's hilarious, and I tried to write it like that. The trial and tribulations of a young mom. And it makes me think of that one I Love Lucy clip where she's filling pies and the conveyor gets faster and faster and everything she does, doesn't help. That is how my day was it was of those days that what ever you did nothing seemed to go right, and you just want to crawl into bed and hide under the covers. Which I think I will go do right now.
3 comments:
Hope you had a peaceful night, and that today is a great one! Wish you could come hang out for the day...we're baking cookies!
That does sound awful! It reminds me of the children's book called something like "the very bad, no good, awful day". AWFUL. :(
Danielle, I feel for you.Good thing you have that small person to give you snuggles,life usually
is better after a hug.Hope today is extra good to make up for yesterday.
Post a Comment