Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Surprise

So as most of you know it was Mom's 50th birthday over the weekend. And being taught well by several people in my life, we knew that this occasion needed something.
The logistic where perfect, and the timing couldn't be better, plus with the help of the Internet and folk having only cell phones deviousness was attained.
 
Poor Grady, the little guy sat in a car in his snow suit for 4 or 5 hours. We has intended for him to sleep 2 or 3 of those but nope, he got a total of maybe an hour. The problem was that he more or less fell asleep just before there was an intended stop, example. I stopped in Oakbluff to call Mom and wish her a happy birthday. A little white lie here and half truths there, I had to "go to work" and we got back on the road.
 
We stopped at Grandma Audrey's to pick up some things and drop off others, assured that our timing was perfect because mom was having a nap at the house and dad was biding his time at Grandma's checking emails and having a shower (there still isn't water at the house) before he picked up Mom and headed into town for super and a "movie".
 
We hurried into town, picked up the key to the hall, got supper, and grabbed the cake. It was a very large cake that I do not have a picture of but it sure was tasty. Grady was ecstatic to get out of his suit and stretch his legs.



 
Plus there was lots of room for running.

 
There was only about 20 people there but it was a nice evening of visiting. Mom was surprised till she walked in the door. Which we where concerned about because you know big glass doors and familiar vehicles and all. But we had her fooled.

 
Even Grady got some ice cream.

 
Grady is fascinated by the machine and was a good helper taking things out and putting them back in.


 
 
 
 
Making our way home. As you can see there is a lot of white out here in the prairies.
Monday night Grady decided that he was going to snuggle up to Mummy, and push buttons which was a perfect opportunity to take pictures.
 
 
I love this last picture. He has decided to start giving kisses willingly without being asked. He has also been more cuddly as of late, probably because he can climb up where he wants.
 
 
Getting ready to go for a walk to the mail box. I was going to get a picture of him in his sled and then I forgot. Next time
 
Our heat wave is gone, but I took some time yesterday to shovel some snow. I now have a "dog house" which Greg informed me that I will be the one sleeping in. It's not finished, I still have to did out the centre to make it an actual quinzie. Right now it's just a very large pile of snow, with a racing loop so Grady can run in circles.

I am a mean mean Mummy. I wouldn't let him in the room while I swept the floor.

 
 


3 comments:

Nadine said...

Good job on the party! You planning to surprise me for my birthday this year?

Kirsten said...

I love everything about this. The longing in Grady as he watches you sweep, him helping with the dishwasher, the deviousness, the surprise party, the snowsuit, the kisses. Love you guys!

Grandma Audrey said...

jUST ABOUT AS GOOD AS BEING THERE.tHE PICTURES ARE AWESOME.
Grady really is a keeper. Hugs and Kisses.