My dirty little secret. This is how I accomplish things. Grady LOVES Cars. He WILL sit and watch the hour and a half movie. Its a loose-loose situation. My computer gets commandeered, and I'M NOT ALLOWED TO TOUCH IT! And it is a daily occurrence for Grady to ask for Vrooms. Some days I cave because its an easy distraction, some days I stay strong and say No, but most days I cannot even use my computer when he is around.
Mmm I love turtles. One of the many things that got made as Christmas gifts this year.
Making bath time fun usually involves cars and shaving crème. The cars like to race around the edge of the tub, and because they've worked so hard they need to cool off and clean up in the tub. Grady enjoys painting with shaving crème. This day I decided to mix it up a bit and add some colour.
ROAR!!!
Look at me I'm Super Man.
Greg has brought home some treasures for Grady. He now has a basket ball net to work on his dunking, and Hot Wheels for vrooming. Greg also found some spare tracks so they are taped to the 2x4 on the stairs so they can travel with lightning speed down the stairs. It's minutes of entertainment.
The weekend before Christmas was busy. Greg and I went on our last official date before baby comes. For last Christmas we received tickets from Shaun and Janelle for Celebrations Dinner Theatre and finally decided to use them. Well that and there was a show we wanted to watch. We saw the Big Boom Theory 2 which is a satire on the Big Bang Theory and Sheldon made a time machine. The Time Machine was a TARDIS! It was awesome, except the actors clearly had no idea what the TARDIS was about because the TARDIS is bigger on the inside.
Trish also had her baby on the 19th which was really exciting. I went to visit Friday and then we all went Saturday, although Grady has yet to meet Elizabeth because he wasn't allowed in the ward.
Uncle Aaron was also in Winnipeg for the weekend so he stopped by for supper and came bearing gifts.
These are the handmade gifts the girls got, and Grady because I didn't get him an ornament this year so I made him one, and they are just soooo stinking cute.
Christmas Eve, Greg and I exchanged gifts but Grady had more fun wearing them. I also love one-stop shopping although the hat was a late addition after a conversation with Greg after looking through the flyers and seeing that hat and it had $30 knocked off the original price.
Greg "That's a good price!"
Me "You'd actually wear something like that?"
Greg "Yeah. I like having warm ears."
Me "Oh. I never pictured you wearing something like that."
So I went and found one. It was the last one! And of course it was at the bottom of the bin and I had to look at each hat individually to make sure I had the right one. It was a good thing the mini hockey sticks kept Grady occupied.
Below is our Christmas Eve shenanigans once Grady was snuggly tucked into bed. Yep we're playing with trains.
Merry Christmas!
Looking at all these pictures you probably see a theme and I swear Grady wears pants. He really truly does, it's just sometimes we let him roam before they get put on.
So Santa was very good to Grady. From us he got a Thomas self propel train for wooden tracks, a camera so hopefully he leaves ours alone, and an ornament. Plus you could lump the hoop, and Hot Wheels in there too. He also received money for his RRSP, a movie, a stuffy and we have yet to open gifts from Grandma Audrey and Grandma Lisa. Figure might as well draw out the gift giving as long as possible then he gets to enjoy the individual gifts and not become overwhelmed by the "stuff".
We had a delicious breakfast of French Toast casserole with bacon on the side. There was some skyping done while breakfast baked, and gift opening so Grady could be surprised by the train setup.
We went to the Plenert's for the afternoon for a delicious turkey dinner and great company. Grady really liked Ellie's present.
Today we had some outdoor fun since it was a nicer day.












3 comments:
So many memories made in this Blog. The pictures are so expressive. Love them and you .
Looks like a lot of fun
you know there are DVDs and I sure you can find one called Cars....lol
Post a Comment