Sunday, January 16, 2011

First One

So I've been thinking for a while that I would start one of these, but for fear of jumping on the bandwagon has stopped me, I'm not a fan of following the herd or being part of the pack. It's nice to be a lone wolf, keeping the few friends I have close, even if I don't talk to them on a weekly basis, or at times monthly, but they understand I'm caught up in my life and they their's, so when we do finally get to getting around to hanging out at least there is something to talk about, because we lead less than exciting lives (kidding kidding) what we think is unimportant might be news to me and you but really who wants to hear about my work???? It's pretty much the same wake up, eat, work, eat, watch some TV, read a bit of the current book on my nightstand, sleep, and repeat. Not really exciting.

Plus I have to wait for Greg to show me pictures from the private blogs so I figured I would just start my own so don't expect too much. I'm in more to look at pictures. I like looking at pictures. That's the only point to facebook.

The last couple weeks have been less than stellar. Came down with a nasty cold after New Years and self medicated myself enough to think I felt better for the start of my new old job (at Oakwood Dairy, the first dairy I worked for), only to get blindsided by sickness again (not the greatest first impression I wanted but what can you do) It's hard to work a job on 50% with it demands that you be 95%. So worked 20 hours and went home sick the rest. And this week was going good and then the cards that I got delt where not in my favour. So I guess we'll see how it plays out.... and roll with it as more cards are delt.

This upcoming week is going to be insane/tiring, I start orientation for my p/t job tomorrow, it's not much just a Recreational Supervisor for a community club. Easy peasy except that I also have two 4:30 am start times (ick) so it'll make for a long days Tuesday and Wednesday, but fri/sat off so that'll be nice. It is seasonal, summers off, couple shifts a week plus a weekend a month, pretty awesome and kind of a small ego boost to be told I out shown the rest of the applicant. Especially when all the jobs I see I feel I'm either under qualified or never called back.

Random thought just watching the Don Cherry movie and his suit where ugly back then LOL!

So this is my first blog YAHOO!! I might even try to post a couple pictures EEEKK!  I'm not bored anymore. I should get ready for bed gunna be a long day tomorrow.

MB Xmas 2010


3 comments:

tomandlynette said...

Welcome to blog world! I'll look forward to getting to know you more this way. Congrats on the new job!

love Lynette

Kirsten said...

Love your new blog Danielle!! Makes me REALLY want to go on a sleigh ride (something I have never done!). And...I just sent you an invite to my blog. Sorry, never considered that you would need to wait for Greg to see pictures. Now you will have full access on your own : )
Love, Kirsten

dannies said...

YEAH!!!! Thank you! Yah sleigh rides kind of require snow and there is plenty of it out here.