HA! Just kidding I didn't get a vacation but I did get a week off. My sinuses have decided to be mean again and they always choose the most inopportune time to do it. So not being able to take most drugs, or stomach Vics Drops has left me to sit at home and suffer in silence. I do have to say that I appreciated the concern from coworkers. Makes you feel loved.
I did attempt to go to work on Wednesday but by lunch my head was in so much pain from the cold air, wind, bending and sniffling I had to go home again. It's hard to function when your head's full of cotton balls, but oh well saw my doc yesterday and was prescribed something.
While waiting for my prescription I did a little grocery shopping (2 birds one trip) and happily saw raspberries and blackberries were two for the same price as one SCORE!!! Because really? Who wants to pay $4 for a little thing of raspberries, but I will pay $4 for two little things of raspberries. I love raspberries! Duckling is giddy with excitement too, but I'll assume that it's the apple juice and very delicious bowl of berries I've just consumed. MMMM berries.
The visit with Mom and Dad Schroeder was good, well the half I was present for was good, can't really comment on the other half, but we'll assume that was good as well. The other half of the time I was out in Birds Hill Park camping with my Sparks (not the smartest thing to do when you feel a cold coming on, but had to be there for ratio). The sweater is awesome, and the ducky robe is adorable Thanks Kirsten.
Spark advancement was last night which means 2 more nights left. The evening was hockey themed, and I did not get the memo or I would have been sporting some canucks paraphernalia, just to even things out a bit. There were too many penguins around. Next week we'll go for a "scavenger hunt" for some I-C-E C-R-E-A-M but shhhh its a surprise.
Last Tuesday of May was my last day at the community center, yeah! So I'm slowly getting my week nights back, double yeah!!
Tomorrow I want to make this for breakfast. It looks tasty, and anything with apples in it has got to be good. Again thanks Kirsten for posting this on your blog I saw the jelly roll recipe and was instantly hooked. I also have a coffee date with Trish tomorrow since I haven't seen or talked to her in a while.
With being sick all week I've started another blog, because there really isn't much else to do while sitting on the couch (besides read, and I've done a fair bit of that). Starting this new blog has let my OCD flourish, as I search out pertinent links to add to the blog and order them nicely in groups alphabetically of course.
In my travels I have also found a blog worth reading called four corners, there are some really neat thing made on this blog that I might get adventurous and make once there are munchkins to make stuff for.
I have also been experimenting with some of the features of blogger, and changing things on the template, and as you can see I've figured out how to link in a blog. GO ME! Now if only I could get the video to work.
So that as been what's been going on in a nutshell. I should probably change out of my pj's and put on some clothes because I guess someone has to yell out the canucks score at Greg's soccer game.
The things I do for Love!! :P
No comments:
Post a Comment