Well this weekend has been eventful. We started off the long weekend by going to West St. Paul's for their Canada Day Celebrations.
As I'm waiting for the show to start I decided to see all there was to see.
They had music.
Went and looked at the Fire Trucks.
They advertised Helicopter Rides.
And Pony Rides, but I didn't see any ponies.
The food was good too, and reasonably priced. I also participated in a silent auction but I haven't heard from them so I'll assume I didn't win anything. Alas I haven't the luck Greg possesses. You'd think a little would have rubbed off by now.
The show started. It was good. I really enjoyed it. The crowds reactions were way more entertaining than the Wrestlers themselves. But have to hand it to the guys they were making an attempt to be funny for the kiddies. All in all a great show.
Here Greg is demonstrating his counting skills. That's really important.
We didn't go see any fireworks or anything, but we could hear them.
Saturday we went and watched some fish. Greg received tickets for the Goldeyes game so Uncle Steve and we went.
I wasn't much interested in the game. But the surroundings where something.
Side Note: The seats are hard on the bum.
The Human Rights Museum.
(Just to vent, I think that building it in Winnipeg is awesome and will draw in tonnes of tourists and dignitaries, what I don't agree with is that our current City Council and Mayor are pumping millions of tax payer dollars in to a frivolous black hole when we as a city don't have money for necessary public works. This goes for the new Bomber Stadium too! Ok feel a little better just thought I'd get my 2 cents in on this one again)
Look out! Your gunna get hit by a car!
At the end of the game Greg got a ball (if I hadn't moved I might have been plowed over for it)
And with some persistence, and some coercing from Greg, Denny also got a ball. Denny is an IVEP'er (International Volunteer Exchange Program) who works with Greg and stayed with us for the long weekend.
And as a final note one year has passed since we entered into wedded bliss. Didn't do anything spectacular just spent the day together. Greg started the day off right by making breakfast. We went to the Keg for supper. It was delicious. We also went for a drive around Kildonan Park, and I came home to find out the grass was magically cut. Thanks Greg and Denny.
Now if you want to know what we did last week you'll have to look at Greg's blog to see pictures.
But just to highlight things:
Wednesday June 22: Mom and Dad came into the city. Dad had a conference through the Conservation District (CD), and seeing as he's not farming and the CD was paying for it, he thought might as well. By the end of it he found out that it's not economical to put money into saving prairie potholes (sloughs) even though its the environmentally conscious thing to do.
Thursday June 23: Went our final Sparks meeting at Crock - a - doodle. Also spent some time with Mom and Dad, briefly saw Shaun.
Friday June 24: Went out for supper with Mom, Dad, Shaun and Janelle, plus us two to Muddy Waters Smokehouse. Yummy. We did a little tour around the Forks, and Shaun took us out for ice cream.
Saturday June 25: Went for breakfast at the Nob (St. Norbert Hotel) with the above mentioned peoples minus Greg, he had to work a carnival at Harvest. Then once I said goodbyes to the lot, I stopped at the farmers market. I wasn't going to but then I saw a parking spot so I did. I wish I knew how to get photos off my phone because there was some neat things that I took pictures of. Then went shopping for prego clothes. All said and done, 3 pants (2 are a little too big right now) 2 tops and a capri (SOOO COMFY). Went to a friends birthday party to finish off the day.
Sunday June 26: Uncle Steve's Bday party
Monday June 27: Katrina's graduation. Greg's baseball game, and then I went for coffee with my friend Richard.
Tuesday June 28: I'm sure I did something
Wednesday June 29: Massage
Thursday June 30: Denny came over.

3 comments:
Hi Danielle, I think you need to change the name of your blog...your summer is sounding anything but mundane! A very Happy Anniversary to you and Greg. Love Lynette
I remember when you told me that you used to get overwhelmed reading by blog cause I do so much, but I think you're topping me on fun events! Glad you're doing great!
LOL yah, we are busy, silly husbands all their extra cirricular activities.
Post a Comment