Tuesday, April 12, 2011

There's a Giant Bug Attacking our house!!

Why hello again! It's been a while. I've been kind of busy as of late, but I'm here now sharing with you. What have I been up to you ask? Well until last Friday, I was still very busy working at the farm and unfortunately the curse thought that it would be a good time to pick on me so my first day back ranked in the top 10 worst days ever, I won't go into detail because there is a lot but lets just say nothing would work right.

Friday was my last day and I tried to catch up on my sleep HA! I've started reading the 6th book in a series and I've come to the conclusion that a good book is the arch nemesis of sleep. So instead of resting for a long day Saturday I stayed up for a total of 20 - 21 hours and got a bit of rest but no where near what I should have got.

Saturday was a day with my Sparks for the Uniquely Me Challenge..... It was a novel idea I fully support the message behind it, but.... it was executed poorly, very, very poorly.  And talking with someone on the committee it wasn't a committee that planned it but an individual with control issues which is unfortunate. So all in all it was a long day for both the adults and the girls, but they did have some fun, so that's what counts.

Sunday was a bit of a lazy day, I didn't sleep in like I hoped but read in bed for a couple hours and then made waffles for breakfast. yum yum yum. Then Greg and I drove to Brandon for a 2 year old birthday party. My friends Chris, Steph and Josie where down from BC, and Eric, Kandace and Korbin where in from Melita so it was great to see all of them. And it was Josie's birthday even though she was not happy about turning 2, it was a good time. There where alot of people there (which probably didn't help the bday girl) but she got alot of cool presents for her birthday.
We (meaning I on behalf of us) got her a Robert Munch book "What a Mess" and a colouring book with crayons and a story book (Princess and the Frog) that you colour and has stickers. I was very surprised (In a good way) by the selection at Dollarama for children's books, although I did have a hard time finding the jumbo colouring book.
We also got the tell our friends the good news which lead to being attacked with a bear hug, and more hugs to follow.

So with my first day off I compiled a list of things I wanted to accomplish around the house. It keeps growing :S But I am slowly accomplishing a couple tasks a day, and not all of them are need to do right this instant, so if it gets left till the weekend or later it's no big deal. And today Greg stayed home so we got a very large task accomplished.


I think my next task will be cleaning up the backyard and if I'm feeling ambitious and the weathers really nice filling in the trench (although I'd prefer if it wasn't just me doing it)



Side note: Although the temperatures haven't yet reached the double digits, and the wind had picked up significantly today, it's still beautiful outside. And with the warmer weather I see signs that I might actually know what I'm doing when it comes to gardening because my tulips are poking out of the ground. I think I see a hollyhock sprouting, my perennial blue flax has come back, and I think there is ornamental onions growing too although it might just be grass I'll have to wait a bit to see. I also see a poppy I transplanted (found out they don't like that AT ALL) so the next test will be to see if my asianic lilies will come up. I really do hope so they're really pretty, but they where somewhat abused before they made it into the ground so we'll see. But none the less I'm very excited.
Plus I still have a $50 gift certificate for a local garden centre and have to do a fundraiser for girl guides which is selling gift certificates to a garden centre so I'll be able to fill my garden in a little bit. I need to focus on the shadier side because it is rather bare but I do know what I want more or less so it'll just be a matter of finding it. I'm also volunteering at a plant sale so there may be things there that I'd like as well who knows?!!

 I also found this yesterday while I was walking home from the grocery store, I had gone out to coffee with Trish and it's been such a long while since I had seen her so thought now that I have time that we should get together and catch up.
But anywho I was walking by the Bargain Shop and saw this really pretty fountain in the window, so went to go look at it and seeing as I'm already in the store I should browse a bit and found this wonderful piece of metal work. It only cost $16 with the tax although $2 of that was a donation to Easter Seals, but still $14 THAT'S AWESOME!!!!!! I think it adds a little something to the place.

This is what Greg and I accomplished today. We moved most of the camping, car, and gardening stuff out of the utility room downstairs and moved it out to the garage to the shelves I assembled yesterday. Only to have to reassemble them again with Greg's help because I had put all the spacers upside down. It's my fault for starting with the one with no assembly instructions and then only glanced at them once I'd opened the second package. 


Another side note: If you go look up at the picture of the exterior of the garage you might be able to see that there is a very large space dug out (the length of the back side of the garage x 3').  I was thinking it's a very sunny spot, and it's already dug out, all it would need is an edging (and we have plenty of slender cinder blocks) and a couple yards of decent soil and that it would make a perfect space for a vegetable garden. 

1 comment:

tomandlynette said...

Yay for days off! Even with long to-do lists. I hope you rest well and enjoy your time in your yard. A veggie garden is a great idea! I am dreaming of getting my hands in the dirt, too! Love from us to you! L